Tuesday, August 21, 2012

spiders

HUMP Day Haiku

No, I didn't fall off the planet!
Joining Helen once again for this week's HDH.

Midway through cutting off hosta bloom stalks,
I realized this spider had been using them to secure his web.
(I was REALLY thankful he hadn’t gotten in my hair or
crawled up my arm or... shudder... something worse.)
I left the remaining stalks uncut, 
feeling sorry I had caused so much damage to the web.
Not to worry.
The next morning, a new one was in place.


itsy, bitsy...not!
this industrious spider
rebuilt in one day



waning summer days
ramp up spider construction
webs blocking passage



inside an ‘Iceberg’
rests this tiny arachnid
no phobias here!



4 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Wow! What great Haiku's for all your photos. Very good Kim, love it! Spider's scare me though as do all creepy crawly things. Great photos. I'll try to paint those vases and flowers with light next time. :)) It's very hard for me. I don't know why. Thanks for the excellent photos and Haiku's.

Cheryl said...

Awesome haiku. I love your photos. That is a very large web. Does the size of the web have anything to say about the weather to expect this winter?

Anonymous said...

I have a spider phobia, so I am not looking too long at your photos. Eeesh! Do love your Haiku though! Have a great rest of your week. :-)

Helen Campbell said...

I love the photos and haiku! We have a lot of spiders in the garden also... and unfortunately in the house as well this time of year. They sure are busy little fellows. :)